Tuesday, February 17, 2009

February 16, 2009: Start of a new trip

A friend is attending an event in North Carolina this week. He invited me to come along. I thought it would be a good break from the winter blahs.

Today we drove to Winchester, Virginia. Along the way, we passed through New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and West Virginia.

We stayed at the George Washington Hotel. The hotel is very elegant and is located in a historic part of town. My friend got a great rate on it via Hotwire.com.

For dinner, we went to a Thai restaurant. This is the first time I ate at a Thai restaurant. The food was delicious. I chose the medium level of spicyness but could have gone to the next higher level.

Tomorrow we'll be seeing President James Madison's home in Montpelier Station, VA.

No comments: