Thursday, October 2, 2008

September 28, 2008 - Western Kentucky

There are a number of lakes a few miles away from Benton, KY, where I stayed. There is an area called the "Land Between the Lakes" nearby which has a large number of activities. I didn't have a lot of time to see much there. I was also losing interest as I am back to sightseeing overload. However, I did get a few photos.

I later visited a park in the Kentucky Dam Village. See the photos.

The rest of the trip was mostly making my way to the next hotel which as in Shepherdsville, KY. Much of the driving was via the Western Kentucky Parkway. I remember driving this last year when I visited Kentucky. However, last year I drove it in the dark so I missed much of the scenery. At this point the leaves are just starting to turn so it's very pretty.

Shepherdsville is just outside of Louisville, Kentucky's largest city. This hotel was even newer than the one in Marion, AR. It was only open for two weeks by the time I arrived. Again, I have to ask...what recession?


View Larger Map

No comments: