Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 14, 2010: Tulsa, Oklahoma

May 14 - 15, 2010: Tulsa, Oklahoma to Branson, Missouri

On Friday (May 14th), I left Kansas for the last time. I headed south again, though this time my destination was Owasso, Oklahoma. Owasso is a suburb of Tulsa. I was going to meet with someone about some web content development.

It was about three hours getting there, but I needed to take US 412. This is a toll road. A number of major east west roads between I-35 and the Missouri/Arkansas state lines are toll roads in Oklahoma. You drive a little bit and have to pay a set amount ($1 or $2) at tollbooths. There are no cards given like the NYS Thruway, or even the Kansas Turnpike, to determine how far you traveled.


View Larger Map

After my meeting, I went to the hotel. For a relatively inexpensive hotel, the room was huge. The hotel style was dated but the room was clean. Unfortunately, the shower had leaked all over the bathroom floor as I found water everywhere. The staff were extremely apologetic and immediately got me into another room. Thankfully that one did not have a leak.

No comments: